Bleach!

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Bleach!

Postby popeyeculture » July 28th, 2007, 9:21 pm

I finally got around to watching Bleach episodes, they have most of the english ones on Youtube which is nice. I have to say I love it!
I warmed up quickly to the characters, which I should have expected from Shonen Jump, after seeing Naruto and growing to like most of the characters in that so much...
I'm on episode 10 right now, I have nothing but good things to say about it...
Ichigo is hilarious, and Rukia even more so... I love her drawings and the scene where she couldn't figure out how to get into the juice box...

Thoughts anyone?
popeyeculture

Re: Bleach!

Postby Mr. Lobster » July 28th, 2007, 11:58 pm

Filler episodes! ARGH!
Bounto Season! ARGH!

Besides that, I like everything else and Chappy. Enjoy the strawberries.
Mr. Lobster

Postby shawn » July 29th, 2007, 12:18 am

More filler episodes at the moment. ARGH! :banban:

p.s. Who's Chappy?
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby Mr. Lobster » July 29th, 2007, 12:30 am

I thought today will be a new day, a glorious day. OMG another filler episode that has nothing to do with the previous or next episode.

Chappy is the rabbit mascot all the girls love in Soul Society.

BTW remember one of the openings showed some oriental style enemies and Ichigo's new shinigami-girl love-interest? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?!
Mr. Lobster

Postby popeyeculture » July 29th, 2007, 2:45 pm

LOL.
You're right about the fillers, but even with the fillers at least there's a Hollow or something that makes for a good fight scene once in a while... unlike Naruto fillers, where all you see is Jirayia in a hot tub with monkies...

And I do notice the elements of the storyline are so complicated that the show contradicts itself a LOT. Like in the episode with that bird, the Hollow tells Chad not to move or he'll detonate those slugs on the bird cage, and then Rukia goes
"Do what he says, Chad! He's not bluffing!" or whatever, which suggests Chad could hear the Hollow, even though moments before he was swinging randomly into thin air trying to hit it and clearly couldn't see it...

Then another time someone could see Soul Reaper Ichigo even though (I think?) you're supposed to be a spirit, usually, to see Soul Reapers? Like living people that can see spirits and Hollows still aren't supposed to see Soul Reapers usually, right, and that's why Rukia is so shocked that Ichigo can see her at first. But then someone sees Soul Reaper Ichigo who clearly shouldn't be able to. Oh I remember who it was now, it was that magician guy with the TV show, but I thought there was someone else that saw Soul Reaper Ichigo that shouldn't have been able to too...
popeyeculture

Postby rudeboygp » July 29th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Mr. L - I think the opening you're referring to was a special one showing scenes from the 'Bleach - Memories of Nobody' movie. Hope that gets released here someday.
rudeboygp

Postby shawn » July 29th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Mr. Lobster wrote:BTW remember one of the openings showed some oriental style enemies and Ichigo's new shinigami-girl love-interest? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?!

I think rudeboygp answered your question there... She was in the movie released in December '06 called 'Memories of Nobody'. I was disappointed that she wasn't in the series though. There is a reason, but telling you would've killed the plot. Well, er... the hint is pretty obvious and I think I've spelled it for you there. :banban: Gomen. Anyway, she's in the picture below, the one in the middle with the purple hair, right?

I still don't know who the hell Chappy is? Are you talking about the Soul Candy that Rukia loves? Similar to the one that Ichigo has which is duck-shaped? :hate:
Last edited by shawn on July 29th, 2007, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Postby shawn » July 29th, 2007, 4:58 pm

popeyeculture wrote:And I do notice the elements of the storyline are so complicated that the show contradicts itself a LOT. Like in the episode with that bird, the Hollow tells Chad not to move or he'll detonate those slugs on the bird cage, and then Rukia goes "Do what he says, Chad! He's not bluffing!" or whatever, which suggests Chad could hear the Hollow, even though moments before he was swinging randomly into thin air trying to hit it and clearly couldn't see it...

In this OVA, I think it is mentioned Sado can hear the hollow but cannot see it. Hence he can hit the bloody thing when he makes noises.

popeyeculture wrote:Then another time someone could see Soul Reaper Ichigo even though (I think?) you're supposed to be a spirit, usually, to see Soul Reapers? Like living people that can see spirits and Hollows still aren't supposed to see Soul Reapers usually, right, and that's why Rukia is so shocked that Ichigo can see her at first. But then someone sees Soul Reaper Ichigo who clearly shouldn't be able to. Oh I remember who it was now, it was that magician guy with the TV show, but I thought there was someone else that saw Soul Reaper Ichigo that shouldn't have been able to too...

I think someone with really really really high spirit energy can see Soul Reapers or Hollows for that matter in the series. :keke:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Postby shawn » July 29th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Checked out eBay and found Chappy! ......and the duck-shaped candy is Yuki. :laugh1:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Postby DualSoul » July 29th, 2007, 5:37 pm

shawn wrote:
popeyeculture wrote:Then another time someone could see Soul Reaper Ichigo even though (I think?) you're supposed to be a spirit, usually, to see Soul Reapers? Like living people that can see spirits and Hollows still aren't supposed to see Soul Reapers usually, right, and that's why Rukia is so shocked that Ichigo can see her at first. But then someone sees Soul Reaper Ichigo who clearly shouldn't be able to. Oh I remember who it was now, it was that magician guy with the TV show, but I thought there was someone else that saw Soul Reaper Ichigo that shouldn't have been able to too...

I think someone with really really really high spirit energy can see Soul Reapers or Hollows for that matter in the series. :keke:

I think it's also mentioned in the manga that since Ichigo's reiatsu is so high, he affects all the people around him as well (a reason why Chad and Inoue discover their latent spirit powers, and why some members of his school have a heightened awareness to the existence of spirits).
DualSoul

Postby popeyeculture » August 1st, 2007, 9:40 am

It all makes sense in hindsight, but during the show I think I had to rewind like 72 times. I just finished episode 13 the other day, then youtube cleared all the Bleach episodes off. It was the first time Bleach disappointed me, what's with those fairies that just came out of no where? It offers a very sketchy, half-assed explaination about how Ichigo made them when he saved Orihime, but I didn't buy it. I thought it was totally lame :[
popeyeculture

Postby popeyeculture » August 12th, 2007, 12:52 am

I just wrote a 6 hour MCAT simulation exam and then played tennis for 3 hours and I am totally exhausted and am going to be watching Bleach episodes for the next several hours or possibly days as dubbed versions are back up on youtube, just thought I'd let you all know.
popeyeculture

Postby popeyeculture » August 12th, 2007, 8:13 pm

Wow have you guys ever watched so much Bleach that your eyes started to bleed? Me neither but I can imagine I was one episode away... I'm almost caught up to YTV but they're playing reruns atm anyway.
popeyeculture

Postby Arcturus » August 28th, 2007, 1:14 am

I only watch Bleach on Cartoon Network. I am intending to pick up the first compilation DVD collection,
though at 80 plus dollars I may reconsider. Noticed that the first run DVD's are being price reduced,
probably due to all the complaints about the new features and reduced cost that is going to be part of
the DVD collection.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby shawn » September 6th, 2007, 6:11 am

Getting serious now.... ep. 139 Espada vs Shinigami. Woot! No more fillers. :run:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Next

Return to Anime