Bakemonogatari

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Bakemonogatari

Postby Syn13 » November 15th, 2009, 11:51 am

No discussion on what's supposed to be one of the currently best rated Anime series and light novel this year?

I had to see what all the hype was all about and caught 9 episodes of the series so far and I said it before and I'll say it again, Japan does really good Ghost/Monster genre for some reason and this has been what mangas I've read. Bakemonogatari is very dialogue heavy and less action so beware for the action/shonen fans out there that's looking for monster action.

What I got so far:
-Koyomi is the main lead of the story, a former Vampire that has regain his humanity(plus the perk of super fast healing).
-Throughout the series, he coincidentally gets into frequent run-ins with "Oddities"
-Oddities he has met(from where I've got to):
--Iron Crab God who steals peoples weight
--Lost ghost(victims who meet this oddity will eventually lose their way trying to help this oddity find the place there're finding)
--Monkey's Paw, well not really but the properties were based upon the infamous paw that gives 3 wishes(but gets twisted).
--Some Snake curse, only watched a bit of that episode, no idea what it's about except seeing a naked loli in bloomers...and their 2ch/4chan meme reaction:

The style of this series is strangely unique, while the quality of the animation is top notch(near Kara no Kyokai quality before chapter 5), they like to frequently put in blank screens with subtitles or the word, "Black" in Japanese whenever talking about an Oddity. All in all, the blend of CG with the animation is beautiful, the stock photo cut outs they stick in there is kinda disturbing especially with the first story.
Syn13

Re: Bakemonogatari

Postby Arcturus » November 24th, 2009, 5:49 am

Haven't watched it, but heard many good things about it. So it is on my massive must watch list.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Bakemonogatari

Postby Onegai » December 13th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Looks interesting. Good animation won't excuse lack of good writing however.
Onegai

Return to Anime